Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Church Special...

Quote of the Day:
"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." -Helen Keller

I struggle with this sometimes. I wish I could do something great. The Bible says in Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men". Since the only things I can do right now are small tasks, then I need to put all my effort into doing these everyday things, and work with a good spirit.



I mentioned in my last post that I would be singing a special with my sister for our church this last Sunday. It went amazingly well, and only God could have planned it out as well as He did! When we got up to sing the song, Abba, Father, Hannah and I had only practiced together 2 or 3 times. I still hadn't been able to practice with our pianist, and Hannah had only met with her once. We did a fine job at the song (although it wasn't anything especially great). What's so wonderful about all that? Well, after church, the leader of the group, as well as some of the kids from the The Academy of Arts (remember that they were visiting and preforming for our church) came up to Hannah and I. They told us that Abba, Father was their group's song, and we really blessed them by singing it! They told us we did an amazing job at it and wanted to know if they could get a copy of the arrangement. (We had worked it out that we took turns singing solo, singing in unison, and singing harmony) Hannah and I just decided to do the best we could, and God used us to bless over 50 people!

I'm so happy right now that I went out and found the biggest smiley face I could find! (and then made it bigger)



1 comment: