Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Summer of YHard Work...

Quote of the Day:
"There is no substitute for hard work."
-Thomas Edison


Thomas Edison was right. He also said that success was 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration. If you are going to succeed at anything, you have to be willing to work hard. Many people (especially teens) in America today are afraid of working hard! But I'm going to tell you that there is nothing to fear from hard work, and you actually get a great feeling when you are finished with the job.

I've decided to nick-name this summer "The Summer of YHard Work". Goofy, I know. It's kinda a takeoff of "Hard Work" and "Yard Work".
This last Monday and Tuesday in 90* weather I mowed our entire yard (it's not little either), and weed-whacked all around the hog pen (sometimes the weeds get caught in the electric fence and pull it down. I got zapped 3 times!), paths through the woods, trees in the yard, and the rocks bordering the garden. Whew! I was so tired on Wednesday that Mom said I could stay home another day (besides, I was behind on the kitchen jobs). When Mom was teaching the younger kids I took a "little" nap (more like 2 1/2 hours) :D I felt much better after that, and woke up the next morning well rested (but still sore)

Hannah and I are singing together for church tomorrow! *swallows nervelessly* I hope it turns out good. It was a last-minute thing. The lady who is planning out the special music for this month came to us last Sunday (only a week to prepare!) and asked if we could help her out. She was in kinda a tight spot. And we said yes. Because we're pinched for time, I still haven't practiced with the piano! Yikes! I'm especially nervous because a group from The Academy of Arts is coming to preform later in the day, and will be there to see us. When I post next time I'll tell you how everything went.


The goat kids are doing great. Momma Bessie finally learned that she is supposed to let them nurse! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment