Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thoughts, Timelines, Geometry, and Goats

Quote of the Day:
"Change your thoughts, and you change your world."
-Norman Vincent Peale


I once wrote a paper on this subject for my duel-enrollment class at the university. I included story of something that happened to me. A few years back I used to have trouble with remembering people's names, but one day I started telling myself that I was getting better and better at remembering. Within a month and a half I was able to meet someone once and remember their name even if I didn't see them again for a few weeks. What you think will affect everything in your life!



The past 6-8 weeks I've been working on a liner timeline. It will go from creation to the present. As I'm building the timeline, I am also reading books on the different topics. I just finished one about the four voyages of Christopher Columbus. Did you know that the names of his ships in English are: girl (Niña), spot or point (Pinta), and Saint Mary (Santa María)? I didn't find that out in the book though. I've been studying Spanish for several years now.

I've also been studying geometry (because I didn't do it when I was supposed to). I'm actually enjoying geometry. I like that I can see the problem I am trying to solve, instead of just figuring it out.

My doe (female goat) finally had her kids this last Tuesday! She had buckling and a doeling. The doeling at first glance just looks all-white, but if you brush her fur backward then you see that her hair is black underneath (just like her momma!). The buckling is black with white legs, tummy, and two white stripes down the sides of his face. I would post pictures, but I don't have access to a camera right now. They look a lot like these^ kids. Only with really, really short ears (their breed type), and the buckling has more white on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment