Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Sample Day

Quote of the day:
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, either way, you're right!" - Henry Ford

-Your mind is much more powerful than you think. Try this: take something you don't think you are good at, and every time you think about it say "____ is one thing I am getting getting better at every day!"



OK! Since this is my first blog post (ever), I thought it would be a good time to give an example of what a typical day is like for me.


6:15
The alarm clock goes off. I get out of bed, get dressed in "barn" clothes, and get a drink of water to help me wake up.

6:30
Time to take care of the animals! I spend the next hour and a half giving water and food to my animals, working with (training) my hogs, and milking the goats.

8:00
Now it is time to come in and get cleaned up for the rest of the day.

8:20
Family Bible reading! We are working our way through Genesis right now.

8:30
Time for breakfast. Cooked millet, eggs, and a nice cool glass of kefir. (if you don't know what millet and kefir are, look them up!)

8:45
Dad leaves for the store about this time everyday. Either I go with him and spend the day greeting customers and working on school work, or my sister Hannah goes. If I'm home, I spend the next 45 minutes or so making sure all four of the "little ones" finish breakfast, take their vitamins, brush their teeth, and feed their animals. (the dog, cats, goat kids, and rabbit)

9:30
Lately we have been doing a lot of work outside, so that's where we will probably go next. The gardens always need weeding!

12:00
Time for lunch! Sandwiches or leftovers.

1:00
We pick up in the house, do dishes, and lay the youngest, Marnina, down for her nap.

2:30
The kids spend the afternoon working on school, playing in the yard and woods, reading books for the summer-reading-program, and just relaxing. I'll work on my school, or maybe (if I'm lucky) take a quick nap

5:00
Dinner is cooking, and I usually go out and cut the grass or work on a project in the barn. Unless we have church or a 4-H meeting this evening

9:00
Dad is home by now, and we have eaten dinner. Now Hannah (actually whoever was at the store) gets all the little kids get ready for bed while I clean up the kitchen

11:00
After cleaning the kitchen and taking care of the animals for the night, I aught be in bed by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment