Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family

Quote of the Day:
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched...but are felt in the heart." -Helen Keller

This is so true. You can’t see or touch God, but He is the most beautiful thing. You can’t see or touch love, but love is precious, and you feel it in the heart. And this quote goes along perfectly with what I’m going to write about today! I want to write a bit more in detail about my family. First off, we are a big family (and I mean BIG). Five boys, four girls, Mom and Dad, and a little baby in heaven. 12!

-Andrew is the oldest at 21. He just left yesterday to spend the summer in Arkansas with my grandma. He is thoughtful, quiet, and kind. He is the perfect big brother. I often wish I was more like him. Andrew graduated from a two-year bible college this last spring. We are so proud of him!

-Josh turned 20 last May. He is spending the summer working/volunteering at a camp a few hours drive away. Josh is energetic, commanding, and lots of fun to be around. We used to fight a lot as kids, but now he is one of my best friends. I can talk to him about almost anything.


-Then there is me. As the oldest girl I’ve had to do a lot of the house work over the years (with the help of my sister of course!) This spring I finished up my second semester as a duel-enrollee. I now have 12 college credits. The classes were challenging, but also a great experience.


-Hannah is not only my sister, but my best, best friend. It’s hard to believe that she is 16 already! :o She spends a lot of time taking care of her goats and helping Mom around the house.


-Selima is the sweetest 10 year old you could ever hope to meet. She went through a big ordeal a year and a half ago, and spent 5 ½ weeks in the hospital. Even now she isn’t completely better, but I will talk more about that later.


-Daniel is usually a very happy 9 year old boy. Sometimes life gets him down, but he knows to turn to God with his troubles. We found out this last year that he has “lazy eye”, and now he has to do therapy like Selima (only for his eye)

-Nathanael is a quiet young man that thinks through things before he acts (usually). He will be turning 8 on his birthday is later this week, and he is very excited about eating cake!


-Gabriel is 5 and full of energy! Everybody is his friend, and he can always find something to talk about. He main interests are: playing with Legos, eating berries, meeting new people, and playing with guns and swords (AKA sticks).


-At the age of 3, Marnina is the youngest. She found out a few months ago that she has the same middle name as Mom. Now she goes around the house saying “the two “Lynns” are cleaning the room” or “the two “Lynns” are going to go shopping!”


So there’s a bit about my family. They mean more to me than almost anything else in the world, and I know God loves them even more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment